Monday, April 13, 2009

Songwriter Showcase- Dustin James & "America"

That Nashville Sound receives lots of CD's and emails from new songwriters and singers scratching and clawing their way up Music City's ladder of success. Every once and awhile, a song grabs us by the collar and doesn't let go- making sure that we are paying attention. We got one of those this morning from a new songwriter named Dustin James. He has a new song he's written that's performed by another up and comer named Brittini Black (pictured)- it's simply called "America."

He opens up about the story behind the song "My wife and I had the opportunity to tour the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum during a visit to NYC in December 2008. The experience was incredible and among the most moving in recent memory. Millions of people, most having nothing, risking everything for a shot at a better life for themselves and their children. Seeing the weary faces and reading the individual stories of hardship and triumph was a great personal reminder of just how special my country really is. I flew back to Nashville feeling deeply inspired and holding a renewed sense of gratefulness for my country and my freedom. After writing “America” and having it demo’d, it occurred to me that hearing it might provide others with the same feelings of hope, pride and gratitude I’d experienced during my visit to Liberty and Ellis. I created this page to share “America” with all of you. This song contains no hidden political agenda. It does not scold the way we are or lament the way we were. It is but a simple tribute to a remarkable country by one deeply grateful citizen.God Bless America."

Enjoy this new little treasure here...

No comments:

Post a Comment