Sunday, May 17, 2009

Golf & Guitars II A Smash Success In Sacramento

The second annual Golf & Guitars Celebrity Pro-Am and Children's Charity Concert in Sacramento at the Haggin Oaks Golf Complex on Friday, May 15, 2009 was a smash success. 13 major-label country music artists and groups attended the event and the sell-out 4 hour concert was amazing. One of the highlights (besides having One Flew South and lead singer Royal Reed dedicate their beautiful song "She's A Gift" to my 5 month old daughter up on stage) were Bucky Covington and John Michael Montgomery taking the stage together and ending the concert with an amazing 7 minute rendition of Bob Seger's "Turn The Page." Singer/songwriters across the stage included:

Brian Sizensky
Sarah Darling
Love & Theft
Megan Mullins
One Flew South
Chris Young
Trent Tomlinson
Jypsi
Chuck Wicks
Jamie O'Neal
Steve Holy
Bucky Covington
John Michael Montgomery

Here's a cool slideshow of photos from the event and concert. We're working on some video and audio to share as well... thanks to all that came out and supported the event- we raised tens of thousands of dollars to support underserved youth programs across Northern California.


4 comments:

  1. We were there and had a FABULOUS time!!! I am already looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific photos and coverage--and that "She's A Gift" dedication to your daughter must have been lovely. Thank you for sharing a bit of the day with those of us who couldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the article and pictures. I had a friend who went to the event and the concert after to see Bucky Covington. As always it was an awesome performance. Bucky truly enjoys what he does! What a special moment for you with the song dedication to your daughter! I know that I'm going way back here but the closet thing I've ever had like that was during a Richard Marx concert (yes :) he simply pointed to me during a slow song!! I thought I was going to faint but then again I do that now whenever I see Bucky perform and he looks my way. Some things never change!

    Thanks again and I really like your website, very nice.

    KgatorKerri

    ReplyDelete