Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rachel Proctor Readies Brand New Album

Rachel Proctor, the lovely voice behind the hit 2004 country single “Me and Emily” has a new indie album What Didn't Kill Me coming out in August and you can pre-order it directly from Proctor’s website and have it autographed. You can purchase the album HERE.

For those not familiar with Proctor, before signing to a record deal, she co-wrote Martina McBride's 2002 single "Where Would You Be". By 2003, Proctor had signed to BNA Records, releasing her debut single "Days Like This" that year. This song, which peaked at #24 on the country charts, was the first of four singles from her 2004 debut album Where I Belong. Proctor's only album for the label, it also produced her highest-charting single in the #18 "Me and Emily". Although she has not charted a single since 2004, she has written charted singles for Jessica Simpson (“Come On Over”) and Jesse Lee (“It’s A Girl Thing”).

Below is the tracklisting to the new album.

1. What Didn't Kill Me
(Rachel Proctor/Bruce Wallace)

2. Everybody Does
(Rachel Proctor/Mike Mobley/Dan Demay)

3. What Goodbye Looks Like
(Rachel Proctor/Bruce Wallace)

4. Wrong
(Rachel Proctor/Bruce Wallace/Liz Rose)

5. That's A Lie
(Rachel Proctor/Bruce Wallace)

6. Why Wait
(Rachel Proctor/Victoria Banks/Jesse Lee)

7. Your Hands On Me
(Rachel Proctor/Brett James)

8. Only Lonely Girl
(Rachel Proctor/John Lancaster)

9. Don't Let It Hit Ya
(Rachel Proctor/Bruce Wallace/Heather Little)

10. Don't It Make You Feel Good
(Rachel Proctor/Bruce Wallace/Natalie Hemby)

11. I'm Listening
(Rachel Proctor/John Lancaster)

5 comments:

  1. This is a great CD!

    "I'm Listening" is an instant hit. The lyrics are only matched by her vocals. The entire alubum resonates in your heart as honest, open and great music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ive been a Rachel fan since "Days Like This" came out! I have her "Where I Belong" and "Only Lonely Girl" albums and so looking forward to this new one! And its almost time! Hurry up August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this CD to come out! I can't decide my favorite, but I give "I'm Listening" big props for it's powerfully haunting lyrics. I also love "Don't Let it Hit Ya" because it's just too much fun to sing along to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like "Don't Let it Hit Ya" too. That one and "Everybody Does" is great to turn up and sing along with... and they are songs that make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel Proctor is cute as a button, I hope she has some more radio success!

    ReplyDelete