Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An Interview With Tammy Cochran Over At The 9513

In 2001, Tammy Cochran enjoyed her first Top 10 single, "Angels in Waiting." The inspirational ballad was written as a tribute to her two older brothers, both of who succumbed to Cystic Fibrosis early in their lives. Though not initially intended to be a single release to radio, the song touched many hearts and continues to resonate with fans to this day. Eight years later, she returns with a brand new album called 30 Something and Single. That Nashville Sound reviewed the strong album this fall and I had a chance to talk with Tammy for an interview over on The 9513. Read a snippet of it below, but read up on her new album and recent adoption challenges HERE.

“I started adopting a child back in 2005 and ran into some difficulties pretty quickly with that adoption. My facilitator got arrested for some illegal activities that she participated in. It kind of put all of our adoptions in jeopardy–with everyone that was working with her on adoptions at the time. It was a two-year process. It took two years. It was only supposed to take about nine months. It was a huge emotional roller coaster. I was home here in Nashville. At that point, my adoption was completely in jeopardy. I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to bring my son home. I was very upset, obviously. I wrote this song “Half The World Away.” It’s kind of a lullaby type of song pouring my heart out. I wanted to let this little boy know that I was going to wait for him as long as I had to wait for him. It just expressed what I was feeling at that time. And it honors the birth mom that had the courage to let her baby go. Whatever her reasons were, it honors her decision and thanks her for her decision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment