* My buddy CM over at CountryCalifornia.com has the best fake country news on the web, but in THIS case, real news is funnier/scarier/ickier than the fake stuff.
* Cracker Barrel Old Country Store continues to be one of the busier music labels in the business with the release of a three-CD series Grand Ole Opry- The Classic Collection plus a contemporary Our Kind of Country CD. Grand Ole Opry- The Classic Collection includes live performances recorded on the celebrated stage of the Grand Ole Opry spanning six decades from the mid 1950s to the 2000s.
“The classic collection is truly ‘classic’ in every sense of the word,” said Julie Craig, marketing manager for Cracker Barrel. “It’s as close to an Opry experience as you can get without actually being in the Opry House. Listeners will enjoy high quality sound on every track, songs by historically renowned artists and enduring examples of some truly great performances. And Our Kind Of Country is an incredible showcase of the Opry’s current superstars and more recent additions—a dozen of the Opry’s best available on one CD for the first time.”* Amazon.com has unveiled an upcoming 8/2 release from former Lyric Street Records and "Pound Sign" singer Kevin Fowler called Chippin' Away. It will be released on the Average Joe's music label.
Artists on the Our Kind of Country CD are Trace Adkins, Alan Jackson, Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner, Reba McEntire, Blake Shelton, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Diamond Rio, Terri Clark, Montgomery Gentry, and Dierks Bentley. The 12 tracks are studio recordings. Every artist is a Grand Ole Opry member, from McEntire (member since 1985) to Shelton (member since 2010). The artists included have collectively won every major award presented by the Country Music Association, including Entertainer of the Year (Jackson, McEntire and Paisley).
* CMT and American Songwriter Magazine have teamed up to give away some free music. No complaints there. Click HERE to download Hayes Carll‘s “Stomp And Holler,” off his current album KMAG YOYO. It includes a number of other tunes up for grabs, click here to check out the rest of them. There are 31 in total, including The Civil Wars, Steve Earle, Miss Willie Brown, Josh Kelley and more.
* Jack Ingram unveiled a brand new song on his Acoustic Motel series yesterday on his website called "Livin' the Dream." You can listen to the new track here:
* Also releasing brand new music is Craig Morgan. He's just recently signed to the Black River Entertainment label. "This Ole Boy," will head to radio on June 21, 2011. The song is the title track of Craig's sixth studio album, which will hit stores in early 2012. Listen to first new release below: