• Kellie Pickler unveiled her new single “Tough” for the first time live on stage at the Opry last week.
• I didn’t get my Waylon Jennings birthday party invite, did you?
• 50 years after their original recording, two iconic songs written by Johnny Cash are in the courts. Sun Entertainment claims Compadre Records owes it half the money Compadre made from selling remixes of two 50-year-old Cash songs, "Country Boy" and "Get Rhythm."
• Talented singer/songwriter Ruth Collins has been signed by Curb Records. Hopefully, this one ends better than the messy Curb/Tim McGraw divorce going on.
• Toby Keith's kid Krystal Keith has finished college and as part of dad's promise to daughter, Krystal will have an opportunity to release a record on the Show Dog Universal music label.
Krystal’s forthcoming album will be produced by her dear ol’ dad and Show Dog executive Mark Wright. According to a report from Row Fax, the music men are looking for “fun, young tempo [songs] and rangy ballads in the vein of Jo Dee Messina, Pam Tillis [and] Martina McBride” for the 26-year-old to belt out on her record.
• Nashville songwriter Kenny Foster lost his family home in Joplin, MO when destroyed by a tornado that struck the city on May 22nd. In an effort to encourage healing and raise some money in the process, he's written a new song called "Hometown." 100% of the proceeds of the song will aid relief.
“‘Hometown’ was written to bring some solidarity between those directly affected, and the nation that stood aghast. It was a way to bring those communities together, no matter the distance, to rebuild stronger communities and stronger people,” says Foster.All proceeds from the purchase of Kenny’s single “Hometown” benefit United Way to aid in the relief efforts in Joplin. Visit www.kentonfoster.com or here on iTunes to purchase. You can listen to the song below:
• Eli Young Band is set to release their new album Lift At Best on August 16th - Produced by Mike Wrucke and Frank Liddell- they’re releasing a free download of a song called “Room Goes Dark.” The download widget is below.