Thursday, September 22, 2011

Country Music News Round-Up- Tim McGraw, Dale Watson, Steel Magnolia & More

·        Tim McGraw has potentially let go of some of his Dancehall Doctors band. “As some of you might know, there have been some recent changes in my band,” McGraw writes. “Change can be hard, and it’s not something you come to lightly. I couldn’t be more proud of the music we’ve created together over the years, and I’ll treasure the memories. I know you will join me in wishing everyone only the best in their future endeavors. Thanks for all the unwavering support you’ve shown me over the years, and I can’t wait to continue our journey … See you all soon!”
·        Cross Canadian Ragweed has made their break-up official.
·        Norah Jones is covering country music with The Little Willies and will release their second album, For the Good Times, in January. Some of their covers will include Johnny Cash's "Wide Open Road," Loretta Lynn's "Fist City," Willie Nelson's "Permanently Lonely," Dolly Parton's "Jolene" and Ralph Stanley's "I Remember You."
·        Willie “Big Eyes” Smith, a revered harmonica player in the field of blues and roots music, has passed away. He played with Bo Diddly, Muddy Waters and was part of the backing band for John Lee Hooker in the classic movie Blues Brothers.
·        A new music video from Dale Watson & The Texas Two called “My Baby Makes Me Gravy”:




• A new music video from Steel Magnolia called “Bulletproof”:

No comments:

Post a Comment