Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mindy Smith To Release Self-Titled Album On June 26- Hear "Closer" Here

Known for her “smartly written folk and country-tinged tunes” (People) and “her bright soprano…” (Rolling Stone), critically lauded Nashville-based singer-songwriter Mindy Smith will self-release her fifth studio album on Giant Leap/TVX Records June 26. The self-titled effort is her first album of new material since 2009’s Stupid Love and her first as an independent artist.

 Listen to the first single “Closer”:


Of “Closer,” Mindy says, “Many times in life’s journey, we find ourselves disoriented. For me, I make destructive decisions that can distract me from my ultimate goal. I think I am making the right choices and staying close to my agenda but I just run off course. In “Closer,” I see the North Star as the prize. One that I am always getting so close to but unable to grab a hold of and then it eludes me. Personally this song paints a picture of how I see my musical career and that I see NOW is my moment. Taking the time to listen for the answers to my questions. I guess NOW is always our moment even if it is only etching out one little piece of the bigger picture.”

Prior to the release of her 2004 debut, the New York native charmed fans with her rendition of Dolly Parton’s “Jolene,” for the much-praised Dolly Parton tribute album, Just Because I'm a Woman. Her Vanguard Records debut album, One Moment More, went on to earn numerous critical accolades, featured the hit single “Come to Jesus,” and sold over 300,000 copies. She subsequently released Long Island Shores (Vanguard, 2006), My Holiday (Vanguard, 2007), and Stupid Love (Vanguard, 2009).

In August 2011, Mindy and longtime friend Daniel Tashian recorded “Taking You With Me,” a duet featured in the film and soundtrack for Paul Rudd’s film Our Idiot Brother. Her music’s also been featured in national television shows such as Grey’s Anatomy, HBO's Six Feet Under and the WB's Smallville and Summerland.

Track List:
1.    Closer
2.    Take Me Back
3.    Pretending The Stars
4.    Don’t Mind Me
5.    Tin Can
6.    Everything Here Will Be Fine
7.    Sober
8.    Devil’s Inside
9.    Cure For Love
10. When You’re Waking On My Grave
11. If I

No comments:

Post a Comment