Friday, August 30, 2013

Six New Country Album Release Announcements Include Nichols, Rhett, Travis, McCreery, Ulisse and Feek

Over the last couple of days, six new album release announcements have been made that should go on your radar including projects from Joe Nichols, Thomas Rhett, Randy Travis, Scotty McCreery, Donna Ulisse and Heidi Feek.

Joe Nichols- Crickets-  release date 10/8
Joe Nichols has released both the cover art and track list for his upcoming album Crickets, due out on October 8. Crickets is Nichols' eighth studio album and first release for Red Bow Records, a joint venture between Broken Bow Records and Sony Music's RED distribution.  The album features 15 original tracks and a cover of Merle Haggard's "Footlights." Track listing:
1. "Just Let Me Fall in Love With You" 2. "Hard to Be Cool" 3. "Baby You're in Love With Me" 4. "Yeah" 5. "Billy Graham's Bible" 6. "Better Than Beautiful" 7. "Gotta Love It" 8. "Sunny and 75" 9. "Y'ant To" 10. "Hee Haw" 11. "Love Has a Way" 12. "Smile on Mine" 13. "Open Up a Can" 14. "Old School Country Song" 15. "Footlights" 16. "Crickets"

Thomas Rhett- It Goes Like This- release date 10/29
Rhett just made his big announcement about his forthcoming debut album, It Goes Like This.
The 12-track listing was revealed as was the fact that the album will hit the streets on Oct. 29.
Rhett said via a press release, “I’m so pumped to finally be releasing my first album! My music has evolved so much since I started making this record two and a half years ago and it’s representative of all my experiences along the way … the tours I’ve been on and the fans and friends I’ve made at our shows across the country. I’m very lucky that I’ve had the chance to experience so much and thankful for every moment. I just tried to pour it all into the songs we recorded." 1. ‘Whatcha Got in That Cup’ 2. ‘Something to Do With My Hands’ 3. ‘Get Me Some of That’ 4. ‘Call Me Up’ 5. ‘It Goes Like This’ 6. ‘Make Me Wanna’ 7. ‘Front Porch Junkies [Remix]  8. ‘In a Minute’ 9. ‘Take You Home’ 10. ‘Sorry for Partying’ 11. ‘All American Middle Class White Boy’ 12. ‘Beer With Jesus’

Randy Travis- Influence Vol. 1- The Man I Am- release date 10/1
Multi-Platinum and seven-time GRAMMY winning icon Randy Travis is set to release his 21st studio album October 1st on Warner Bros. Records titled Influence Vol. 1: The Man I Am. Travis and his music has been a major influence to other country artists throughout his celebrated career thus far. In his new album, Influence Vol. 1: The Man I Am, Travis looks back at some of the songs and artists that were instrumental in crafting his musical career, including Merle Haggard, George Jones, Lefty Frizzell, among others. After releasing his 25th Anniversary Celebration album and going back through his repertoire of collaborations with artists including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Don Henley, Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson, Josh Turner, George Jones, Kris Kristofferson, Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, Travis reflected on the icons and their music that have inspired him over the years. “When I think of my musical heroes of yesteryear, or the younger stars of this year, I am reminded that it is true we learn from the ones ahead of us, and teach the ones that follow.  They are the reason I chose to make this album,” says Randy Travis.

Scotty McCreery- See You Tonight- release date 10/15
“American Idol” winner Scotty McCreery’s new album, “See You Tonight,” will come out Oct. 15.   Produced by Frank Rogers, best known for his work with Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker, the album features a number of tracks co-written by McCreery.  “This album is a big step from where we were. I have been writing for a long time now, since I was a kid, but these are the first songs I've had a chance to record and release to the public and I'm excited,” says McCreery, in a statement. “I was lucky to have my first single off the record be one that I co-wrote.  I am excited about letting folks hear it. We have been working on this for the better part of a year now, so it's a long time coming.”

Donna Ulisse- Showin' My Roots- release date 10/22
Donna Ulisse had a big-label country music taste back in the early 1990's, but has since resurfaced as one of the more important female voices in bluegrass music. She's nominated for multiple IBMA awards and this very site has given high marks to her bluegrass releases. Now comes word that she'll be doing a dedication of sorts with her next October release, Showin' My Roots. Bluegrass heavyweights Sam Bush, The John Cowan Band, Larry Cordle Fan Page Larry Stephenson Band, Fayssoux McLean, Frank Solivan of Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen, Rick Stanley, Carl Jackson, Greg Papaw Davis, Tony King, and Jerry Salley will all be lending their talents to the project.

Heidi Feek- The Only- release date 10/8
Heidi might be a new name to most of our readers but her family certainly isn't. Heidi is the daughter of married duo Joey+Rory Feek and has travelled around the world with her parents as part of their band as a back-up vocalist. The Only is now her chance to step out in front of the stage and make her own brand of music. Check out the video below to get a taste of the new project.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment