Friday, November 22, 2013

Hear It Here- Rosanne Cash's "A Feather's Not a Bird"

On January 14, 2014, Rosanne Cash will release her 13th studio album, The River and The Thread, on Blue Note Records. She has just unveiled "A Feather's Not a Bird," the first track off of the album.

Of the album, Cash says, “My heart got expanded to the South, to the people I had known, to the people I met…It started by going to Arkansas, to my dad’s boyhood home…All these things started happening to feel a deeper layer of the South than I had ever experienced and I went down to the Delta, to all of the places where the great Blues musicians are from. And we went to [author William] Faulkner’s house and Oxford, Miss., and just the richness of the Delta in particular started bringing songs to us. We started finding these stories, these great stories, and melodies, that went with these experiences."

No comments:

Post a Comment