Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jennifer Nettles To Release That Girl On 1/14

Jennifer Nettles, one-half of the country duo Sugarland, announced Monday at the ASCAP Awards that her first solo album away from Sugarland will be called That Girl and will be released on January 14th.

“I think this album so far for me musically has been the most intimate and personal … musically and vocally,” Nettles said. “I think it’s way more intimate to me and way more personal in the sense that when you collaborate, that’s the nature of collaboration, you’re affecting each other, and playing with and inspiring each other, and yet there are things that one may not get to do or want to do when collaborating.”

Nettles collaborated with Richard Marx on the song “Know You Wanna Know”. The singer says that since having her son 11 months ago, things have changed regarding what she considers to be important, and that is reflected in her songwriting.

“I’m able to show a side that I think’s more womanly,” Nettles said. “I think it’s more mature, and so that’s big for me. I think it gives you perspective all around, not just musically but also in my career. I think you get superefficient because you have to be. You don’t worry about things that were superimportant before because you have a baby and you just burn that underbrush out. You feel like a huntress.”

No comments:

Post a Comment