Sunday, March 9, 2014

Jason Michael Carroll Launches Kickstarter Initiative For New Album



The deep-voiced one known as Jason Michael Carroll went to his fans earlier this week and launched a Kickstarter initiative to help fund what will be his fourth album. Carroll was originally signed to the Arista Nashville label in 2006, releasing his debut album Waitin' in the Country that year. This album has produced three consecutive Top 40 country hits for him on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts: "Alyssa Lies", "Livin' Our Love Song" and "I Can Sleep When I'm Dead". Carroll's second album, Growing Up Is Getting Old, has also produced his fourth and fifth Top 40 hits, "Where I'm From" and "Hurry Home." A third album, produced in conjunction with Cracker Barrel and called Numbers, was released in 2011. More information on the fundraising project can be found HERE. In Jason's words, here is the mission behind the fundraising project:

Music has never been a choice for me. For as long as I can remember, my life has revolved around making music and performing. I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to travel the world and share my songs, and none of it would be possible without you, my amazing fans. That’s why I’m asking you to help me now as I set out to make my next album.

In the past, recording and releasing an album was possible only with the help of record labels.They paid for the studio, producer, music videos, and promotion, and it was almost impossible to do all of that without them. Now, through Kickstarter, I’m able to make and release music with the help and support of my fans.

My goal is $40,000, and that money will help pay for the recording, distribution, album artwork, photo shoots, videos, marketing, radio promotion, film and television licensing, and any other necessary promotion for the album.

This time, I’m making you my record label, and with your help, we can make this record happen and spread the music even further. Your support means the world to me, and I truly believe that together we can show everyone that good music and great fans are all that we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment