Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Emily West Releases Rocket Science EP

Fresh off of an appearance on the television show America's Got Talent last week in which she adeptly received a standing ovation and a "pass-through" to go to the next stage by the judges covering "Sea of Love," Emily West has released a surprise EP called Rocket Science to i-Tunes this week.

The four track mini-album includes the title track off of her critically acclaimed previous EP, I Hate You I Love, as well as a duet with a favorite of hers, Canadian singer-songwriter Ron Sexsmith, on a song titled "Two Sleepy People."

Says West, "(I'm) so excited for you to hear some new songs.  Especially my duet with one of my favorite artists, Ron Sexsmith!"

Emily West moved to Nashville at 18 and had minor success as a country music artist. She packed a bag for New York 4 months ago to try to hear herself think and reinvent herself. She wanted a clean slate. A do-over.  Emily's dream is to tell stories through songs in a theatre. Making the crowd nervous in a 'one woman show she creates.

You can hear the title track below.

Rocket Science EP Track Listing:
1. I Hate You, I Love You Again
2. Two Sleepy People
3. Rocket Science
4. Talk is Cheap

 

No comments:

Post a Comment