Monday, July 7, 2014

Meghan Linsey's New EP Available This Week

For the last couple of months or so, Meghan Linsey has been hard at work, hoping to raise enough support to make her new solo album a reality. While the former singer for Steel Magnolia has already been in the studio since parting ways with her former duet partner Joshua Scott Jones, Linsey has been looking to raise enough funds to make an EP. For this project, she launched a pledge campaign to raise funds and this past week, she reached her goal. As a result, she will release the EP this week.

When asked about what direction this project will be musically compared to Steel Magnolia, Meghan had this to say, “I don’t think it’s completely different. I think there was always an element of soul to everything that we did, you know? I was born and raised in New Orleans so I think I’ve kind of brought that flavor to it. With the new project I am able to kind of push on that a little more and really, really sing on this thing more; that’s been really fun.  The songs are just really honest. I’ve been writing a lot with everything I’ve had go on in the last few years. I think overall it’s just really soulful and genuine and honest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment