Thursday, August 14, 2014

Wade Hayes, The Bacon Brothers and Crystal Bowersox All Announce New Projects

Three distinctively different music acts, all falling underneath the big umbrella we call roots music, announced new projects this week including longtime traditional country stalwart Wade Hayes, the movie-star-turned-musician Kevin Bacon and his brother in the Bacon Brothers, and American Idol alum Crystal Bowersox.

Wade Hayes went to his Facebook with three separate key announcements yesterday, keeping most likely the most important one until the end: after a several year battle with prostate cancer, he went to the doctor and has been given a cancer-free diagnosis. Said Hayes, "I wanted to thank all of you for the prayer and well wishes. I just got my quarterly tests results and I'm still cancer free. It is so amazing, and I am so very thankful. Thank God." Hayes also kicked off a small new apparel line called The Salt Lick Life. He explains, " I am a country boy. Grew up land locked in rural Oklahoma and I was just fine with that! I love the country way of life and I know a lot of you do too, so I have designed a new t-shirt that states that very thing! You will probably never se...e me out wondering the beach barefoot wearing a cowboy hat and pukka shells. No, you can keep the salt life, give me the salt lick life!" The apparel has a little cartoon cow sticking his tongue out across the brand's name-brand. More exciting than the apparel line, however, is that Hayes will be launching a Kickstarter campaign on a new album that he's written all the songs for and has booked time in the studio to put together already. Hayes tells his fans, "I am very happy to announce we are launching a pledge campaign in the next week or two to make my next album. This is the first chance I've had to record since everything went crazy a few years back, but now I am ready and super stoked! I have the songs ready, I have the studio is booked, now all I need is YOU! I will come back and post the moment we are ready to launch so stay tuned!"

When, he's not behind or in front of the lens, actor and musician Kevin Bacon is often out playing music with big brother, Michael Bacon in country/rock band, The Bacon Brothers- and the duo has a new album 36 Cents coming out September 16. Listen to Bacon discuss his the music side of his career and the new project in the following podcast from Ohio's Record-Courier:



American Idol alum Crystal Bowersox has gone the independent route and similar to Hayes, is using a crowd-sourcing vehicle in PledgeMusic to have her fans help fund her next music project. Bowersox says, "If you haven’t already pieced this together – I’m in the process of finishing a new EP & I’m planning a new tour around it! I couldn’t be more excited. It’s going to be so much fun.
But why I’ve brought you all here is to invite you to share this experience with me. I’ve teamed up with PledgeMusic to bring you guys closer to the music than ever before. I’ve created a bunch of creative exclusives and exciting experiences for you guys to enjoy!" You can see what the different pledges include at her page HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment