Thursday, April 23, 2015

New Projects Announced From John Anderson, Sammy Kershaw, Keith Anderson, Billy Currington and JT Hodges

Artist: John Anderson
Title: Goldmine
Label: Bayou Boys Music
Release Date: May 26, 2015

“With Goldmine, I thought, first off, I’m going to take my songs into the studio and make a record like I think it ought to be made, without all those other influences,” Anderson says, “I’m more pleased with the sound of this record than I have been in a long time.” The first single, “I Work a Lot Better” will be shipped to radio on May 11.  When asked about the single, Anderson stated, “It was actually Josh Turner’s idea. He is a fine young man, a great talent and a real asset to modern day country music. Josh and I have written several songs together and it’s always a pleasure to write with him”.

Artist: Sammy Kershaw
Title: I Won't Back Down
Label: Cleopatra Records
Release Date: June 9, 2015

“At all of our shows, or wherever go, people keep asking for new music. I’m glad to have a new record coming their way. They’ve waited a while. Hell, I’ve waited a while,” he said with a grin. “The other aspect of the new album that makes it exciting is getting a chance to work with Tim Yasui and all the staff at Cleopatra Records. Together, we’re ready to get it out to the people.”

The album s a mixture of all things Kershaw, ranging from the romantic yearnings of “Lay Back Down” and “Let’s Lay Here Forever” to the heartfelt regret of the haunting “I Had To Give That Up Too.” He also ventures into a light-hearted feel on up-tempo cuts like “Fixer Upper” and “Grillin’ and Chillin.” As is the case with any Kershaw album, you can always count on a cover – and I Won't Back Down adds two to the mix – “Take A Letter Maria,” originally a No. 2 hit for R.B. Greaves on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1969, and the title cut, familiar to Pop listeners as a hit for Tom Petty from 1989.

Artist: Keith Anderson
Title: I'll Bring the Music EP
Label: Indie
Release Date: May 12, 2015

Award winning songwriter/performer Keith Anderson is back with brand new music, a brand new perspective and a brand new tour.  The man behind "Pickin’ Wildflowers" will release his I'll Bring the Music EP to iTunes May 12. “After taking a break when my mother passed away, it gave me a chance to focus on my growing family and appreciate the blessings in my life.  I used that fire to create this music.  I can’t wait for people to hear it,” explains Anderson.

Artist: Billy Currington
Title: Summer Forever
Label: Mercury Nashville
Release Date: June 2, 2015

Mercury Nashville recording artist Billy Currington will return with his sixth studio album, Summer Forever, on June 2. With producer Dann Huff at the helm, the project features song from writers including Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne, Cole Swindell, Florida Georgia Line and Jimmy Robbins.

“Making this album was such a blast for me. I put a lot of love into this project and couldn’t be more excited for fans to hear the new music,” shares Currington. “Summer Forever for me represents a positive, happy, good time lifestyle and that’s what I hope the fans feel when they hear this record.”

Artist: JT Hodges
Title: Locks on Doors EP
Label: Indie
Release Date: This week

“The EP, ‘Locks on Doors,’ is a compilation of songs I’ve always kept close to me. You could kind of say I’ve locked them behind a door, but it was time for these songs to be set free,” said Hodges of the new project. “These songs were me. The production, the music, the arrangements, all represent who I am stylistically as an artist. For the first time I was free to make music instinctively rather than calculated and for the first time every song went beyond what I imagined it could be. I’m proud of that.”  In honor of Earth Day, Hodges releases his eco-friendly EP packaged with a sleeve made of recycled paper and vegetable based inks

No comments:

Post a Comment