Thursday, July 23, 2015

New Vintage Recording Live at the Bottom Line Being Released by Dolly Parton

Artist: Dolly Parton
Album: Live at the Bottom Line
Label: Hotspur
Release date: 7/24/15

In the late 1970s, Dolly Parton, having already established herself as a country superstar, was on the verge of crossing over to a bigger pop audience. This May 14, 1977, performance, broadcast as part of the Live at the Bottom Line radio series, was recorded on the final evening of a three-night engagement at New York's prestigious Bottom Line club that marked her first concerts in the Big Apple.

In addition to the big hits "Coat of Many Colors," "I Will Always Love You," "Jolene," All I Can Do," "The Seeker," and "Love Is Like a Butterfly," the set also features songs from her 1977 album New Harvest... First Gathering, as well as a Parton composition,"Do I Ever Cross Your Mind," she wouldn't release for another five years. The complete broadcast was recorded and now reproduced in digitally remastered sound with background liners.

Track listing:
01  (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
02  All I Can Do 03  Jolene 04  There's No Place Like Home 05  My Tennessee Mountain Home 06  Do I Ever Cross Your Mind 07  Coat of Many Colors 08  Applejack 09  Light of a Clear Blue Morning 10  I Will Always Love You 11  Getting In My Way 
12  Me and Little Andy 13  How Does It Feel 14  Holdin' on to You 15  The Seeker 16  You Are/I Wish You Sweet Love 17  Love Is Like a Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment