Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dolly Parton Preps Children's Album For Upcoming Release

Artist: Dolly Parton
Album: I Believe In You
Label: Imagination Library Fundraiser
Release date: TBD

Dolly Parton says her Imagination Library - a foundation that provides books to children - has inspired her to write an entire children's album based on books that have been given to hundreds of thousands of children. 

"I work with several publishers on the children's books we have . . . and I write songs every time we get a new book for the Imagination Library," said Parton. "We write a play around it, and then I write the song. So after so many years, we decided to put all those songs in a children's album."

According to Parton's website, the star will soon make 11 more songs available for purchase with 100% of the proceeds going to the Imagination Library.

"My own dad couldn't read and write," adds Parton. "And my dad was very proud of me. He got to live long enough to see the Imagination Library do well, so he felt like he had done something good too — that he was the inspiration for it."

The first song released off of the album is inspired by The Little Engine That Could.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment