Saturday, September 12, 2015

Ray Scott To Release Roots Sessions, Vol. 1 on 9/18

Artist: Ray Scott
Album: Roots Sessions, Vol. 1
Label: Independent
Release date: Sept. 18, 2015

Ray Scott is paying homage to those country music legends that have deeply influenced him with the release of his new EP, Roots Sessions, Vol. 1 out September 18.

Earlier this year, Ray partnered with Rolling Stone Country to unveil a series of performance videos, among them his take on Billy Joe Shaver's "Live Forever," Don Williams' "Good Ole Boys Like Me" and Johnny Cash's "Ghost Riders in the Sky."The response was so positive that RAY decided to head back into the studio, polish up these recordings and release them for country music fans to add to their collections. Beyond the aforementioned songs, the EP also features Merle Haggard's "That's The Way Love Goes," Willie Nelson's "Always On My Mind" and Tompall Glaser's "Put Another Log on the Fire."

"I grew up during a magical era in country music, full of individuals who were original and uncompromising," shares Ray. "These are some songs I loved, by some artists and songwriters I loved, who shaped who I became, and who I'm still becoming as an artist. I hope you love this stuff as much as I do. These are The Roots Sessions."

"This is sort of a regroup for me-not only artistically, but in terms of my career," Ray explains of his decision to self-release his music. "My music and my sense of where it fits in the music business has really taken shape over the past several years. So this is an introduction to that for people who may not be familiar with me, and it's a defining of that vision for those who already know my music."

1.Live Forever (Billy Joe Shaver cover)
2.Good Ole Boys Like Me (Don Williams cover)
3.Ghost Riders in the Sky (Johnny Cash cover)
4.That's The Way Love Goes (Merle Haggard cover)
5.Put Another Log on the Fire (Tompall Glaser cover)
6.Always on My Mind (Willie Nelson cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment