Monday, October 5, 2015

After Long Hiatus From Recorded Music, Cyndi Thomson Releases New Acoustic EP

Artist: Cyndi Thomson
Album: My World: The Acoustic Sessions
Label: Solitaire
Release date: Sept. 25, 2015

Thomson's debut, My World, appeared in July 2001, and the album went gold behind the number one single "What I Really Meant to Say." However, in October 2002, Thomson announced that she was quitting the entertainment business. In a statement, Thomson cited overwhelming personal demands as reason for her departure. "The next step in my career would be to make a new album...with the many obligations that go along with it," she said. "I have now realized that I cannot commit to those obligations." Industry reaction was mixed. Capitol Nashville chief Mike Dungan said he "cried several times" when Thomson told him she was quitting, but he was also matter-of-fact, remarking "[she] was a big part of my business plan."

While she didn't want the life of our touring artist, she did stay connected with music. She co-wrote "Life Ain't Always Beautiful", a song that would became a top five hit for Gary Allan in 2006. That year, she also returned to Capitol Nashville after leaving the label for four years and started recording for her second album with James. An album never was released, however. In 2009, Thomson released her first new music album in eight years, This Time, a digital-only EP featuring five original songs.

This new EP is a collection of acoustic and stripped-down versions of that first album's most popular and enduring songs.

My World: The Acoustic Sessions Track Listing:

1. If You Were Mine
2. I Always Liked That Best
3. What I Really Meant to Say


 

No comments:

Post a Comment