Saturday, December 5, 2015

Steven Curtis Chapman To Release Worship and Believe in March 2016

Artist: Steven Curtis Chapman
Album: Worship and Believe
Label: Reunion
Release date: March 4, 2016

Says Chapman about the new project, “About a year a half ago I started writing songs and working on a new "project.  I feel like all the songs I've written over the years are "worship songs" in the sense that they're written to honor and glorify God, His word and His promises, and to honor Him with the gifts He's given me. However, this new project is the first ever that I've written as a "corporate worship experience" with the hope and desire being to create songs that you, my brothers and sisters in "The Body" (which is one of the songs on the project) might sing with me... proclamations of Truth that we can declare together. These songs have come out of my own journey, particularly of the last seven years of learning the "life-giving power" of hearing my own voice and the voice of other believers around me declare what is most true and most real...what God says is true, even when pain, doubt, grief, confusion are very real.”

Nashville-resident Chapman has been recognized as one of the most prolific singers in the genre of Christian music, releasing over 20 albums. Chapman has also won five Grammy awards and 58 Gospel Music Association Dove Awards, more than any other artist in history. His seven "Artist of the Year" Dove Awards, his latest in 2009, are also an industry record. As of 2014, Chapman has sold more than 10 million albums and has 10 RIAA-certified Gold or Platinum albums.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment