Sunday, June 26, 2016

Matt Kennon To Release Leaving Ain't Letting Go On July 15

Artist: Matt Kennon
Album: Leaving Ain't Letting Go
Label: Roaddawg Records
Release date: July 15, 2016

As a songwriter, Matt Kennon has centered around lyrics and songs to tell his story and the stories of countless others who have been challenged by life and have overcome the odds to achieve success. As a singer, the passion behind his life experience is in every note. “I don’t want to sing about anything that I haven’t been through,” he says. “It’s honest and it’s real.”

He's back telling another batch of new stories with the July 15 release of Leaving Ain't Letting Go.

Matt’s breakthrough single off his self-titled major label 2010 album release, “The Call,” is a perfect example. Written with Noah Gordon and Jeremy Campbell, the song spoke to the saving power of a well-timed phone call. “I’ve known people who have committed suicide and I knew girls that had abortions,” Matt says. “We’re not going to bring anybody back with this song, but hopefully we can save lives.

“A lot of people are longing to talk and to be heard,” he adds.

The whiskey-voiced Georgian has a story to tell and songs to sing. “I put my life story all over my body,” the heavily tattooed Kennon says. “You can just look at me and know I’ve lived a pretty wild life. God’s going to use that as a testimony.”

While he went through a rebellious phase that saw him chasing wine, whiskey, women and worse, he came out the other side intact. “The good Lord’s been watching out for me,” Matt says. “I was raised in a Christian home; we went to church twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday. There was a rebellious side, but that upbringing stuck with me.

“I’m a walking contradiction,” he adds with a smile.

“I want to touch people with my music,” Matt says. “This is my calling. This is what God put me on this earth to do. Whether it’s a hundred people or a million, I want to have an impact.”

1 comment:

  1. Matt i luv your music and what u try to do with the music to help others. Keep up the good work. God bless u.

    ReplyDelete