Saturday, September 10, 2016

RaeLynn Preps WildHorse For Dec Release As "Love Triangle" Races Up Charts

Artist: RaeLynn
Album: WildHorse
Label: Warner Nashville
Release date: Dec. 2, 2016

RaeLynn is slated to release a new album, WildHorse, on Friday, December 2nd. The 12-track album, which includes her lead single, "Love Triangle," features guest vocals from Dan + Shay and Leeland Mooring.
"Every lyric takes you through a part of my journey these last four years -- this record is my college experience in a lot of ways," said RaeLynn. "All the highs and lows from these last four years are here. I've always wanted to put out an album where my personality and songwriting could really shine through, and I feel like WildHorse finally gives fans a true glimpse into who I am as an artist and a young woman."
The first track released off of the project is an outstandingly introspective and potent song about a child going through the emotional turmoil of growing up in a divorced household. It's one of That Nashville Sound's favorite tracks released to radio this year.
“When I was 3, my mom and dad got a divorce,” she says of what inspired the track. “I grew up being that kid who was relaying information back and forth, walking on eggshells, knowing that when I’m with my dad I can’t talk with my mom because it would trigger things. The day we wrote this song I almost cancelled because my parents were bickering and I was pulled into the middle of it and I was upset. But I’m so glad I went because we created something magical that day. Jimmy and Nicolle shared their stories too — we all come from different triangles, I guess you could say. It’s a powerful thing when a song raises its hand four years after you’ve written it…you know it’s special. I still cry every time I hear it. It’s my favorite song I’ve ever written.”

No comments:

Post a Comment