Label: Mining Light/Thirty Tigers
Release date; April 21, 2017
The talented one-third of the female supergroup Pistol Annies has announced her sophomore project will be coming out in the spring. Angaleena Presley will follow her acclaimed 2014 American Middle Class album with Wrangled, her second full-length solo album, on April 21 via Mining Light Music/Thirty Tigers. The album is co-produced by Angaleena and Oran Thornton and features 12 tracks, all of which were co-written by Presley.
The album features a special song co-penned by Presley and her late and dear friend Guy Clark entitled “Cheer Up Little Darling." Clark's Texas songwriting pedigree is stuff of legends. The song — the last song completed by Guy before his death — features Shawn Camp playing Guy's No. 10 guitar, which was used to write the song with Guy, and Guy’s mandola, which Guy had been learning to play during the last year of his life.
If there’s a pedigree for a modern country music star, then Angaleena Presley fits all of the criteria: a coal miner’s daughter; native of Beauty, Kentucky; a direct descendent of the original feuding McCoys; a one-time single mother; a graduate of both the school of hard knocks and college; a former cashier at both Wal-Mart and Winn-Dixie.
“In this fast-paced day and age, it’s so hard for us to slow down and live in the moment,” Presley says. “I just hope my songs can be three minutes for a person to experience something in the moment, to connect, and to feel something, whether that be tragedy or joy or something in between. I want to tell the truth.”In 2000, Presley moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where she landed a publishing deal nine months later. Through her publisher she met Ashley Monroe, who later brought Presley's music to the attention of her friend, Miranda Lambert. The three artists began working together writing songs, which would later become Pistol Annies' debut album Hell on Heels, released in August 2011. The group spent much of the next two years touring North America and writing songs for their follow-up album. In May 2013, Pistol Annies released their second album Annie Up.
Wrangled Track Listing:
1. Dreams Don’t Come True (Angaleena Presley, Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe)
2. High School (Angaleena Presley, Ivy Walker, Sophie Walker)
3. Only Blood (Featuring Morgane Stapleton) / (Angaleena Presley, Chris Stapleton )
4. Country (Featuring Yelawolf) / (Angaleena Presley, Michael Wayne Atha)
5. Wrangled (Angaleena Presley)
6. Bless My Heart (Angaleena Presley)
7. Outlaw (Angaleena Presley)
8. Mama I Tried (Angaleena Presley, Oran Thornton)
9. Cheer Up Little Darling (Angaleena Presley, Guy Clark)
10. Groundswell (Angaleena Presley, Ian Fitchuk)
11. Good Girl Down (Angaleena Presley, Wanda Jackson, Vanessa Olavarez)
12. Motel Bible (Angaleena Presley, Oran Thornton, Trevor Thornton)