Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sara Evans Calls Upcoming Words Her "Album Of Her Lifetime"

Artist: Sara Evans
Album: Words
Label: Born To Fly Records
Release date: July 21, 2017

Days after Country Music star and entrepreneur Sara Evans announced the launch of her own record label – Born To Fly Records – the multi-platinum entertainer has revealed additional details about her highly-anticipated forthcoming album. The ACM Female Vocalist of the Year divulged yesterday that her brand new album Words will release on July 21. Fourteen separate female songwriters, including powerhouses Ashley Monroe, Caitlyn Smith, Hillary Lindsey, Hillary Scott, Liz Hengber, Sonya Isaacs and of course Sara herself, contribute their words to the stunning, upcoming record.

“When I’m listening to a song, it’s the lyrics and the stories they tell that matter most to me,” Sara said. “Not only is ‘Words’ the title to one of the songs on my album but in listening to new music for the record, I was always looking for lyrics that moved me and expressed a powerful range of emotions. Women are natural storytellers and I’m proud to have so many amazing female songwriters represented on this record.”

Words marks a creative reunion for Evans, pairing her with frequent co-producer Mark Bright (2005’s Real Fine Place, 2014’s Slow Me Down) while Tracy Gershon provides A&R direction. Her daughter Olivia (14) even contributes background vocals to the record.

“I’ve always recorded music that I believed in and that I loved, but with Words I finally had 100 percent control over every decision,” Evans, 46, told PEOPLE. “We went into the song search with the mindset of choosing the most amazing songs, no matter what.”

She adds of the album: “We didn’t put a filter on our thinking of ‘Will this work at country radio with what’s being played now?’ or ‘What does my label team think of this song?’ Now I am the label and it has given me complete creative freedom.”

“Up until now, my entire career in music has been with someone else calling many of the shots and having an opinion on why a certain song should or shouldn’t be on the album, or what the single should or shouldn’t be,” she explains. “At this point in my life, I’ve gained the confidence and experience to start calling those shots myself and making the decisions that reflect who I am as an artist.”

1. Long Way Down
2. Marquee Sign
3. Diving In Deep
4. All The Love You Left Me
5. Like The Way You Love Me
6. Rain and Fire
7. Night Light
8. I Need A River
9. I Don't Trust Myself
10. Make Room At The Bottom
11. Words
12. I Want You
13. Letting You Go
14. A Little Bit Stronger (acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment