Monday, May 27, 2013

Tracy Lawrence and Jo Dee Messina Look To Fans Help For Indie Record Projects

A couple of country music stars without major label record deals have taken to Kickstarter to help fund their own independent music projects. Tracy Lawrence and Jo Dee Messina hope to have projects released later in 2013.

Tracy is looking for backers to pre-order his new project, Headlights, Taillights and Radios:
"I’ve been busy in the studio putting together my latest album, “Headlights, Taillights and Radios”, and I couldn’t be more excited to release it to all of you! This record has been a product of support from friends, family, the community, and most importantly, all of my amazing fans. If you’ve heard my previous records or just happened to come across my Kickstarter campaign and like what you hear, you’re going to LOVE what’s to come! This record holds a piece of my heart, and I can’t wait to share it with everyone.

The music has been recorded, edited, and is now in the final stages of mixing and mastering. So what’s the point of doing a Kickstarter? Well I’ll tell you. Each and every one of you have played a role in not only my career, but in my life. You’ve gotten me to where I am, and I know that if we team up, the sky is the limit.

My new album is going to be an awesome journey, and I want you to join me for the ride!"



Click HERE to learn more about how to support Tracy's new project.

Jo Dee Messina is looking for backers for her first full-length project after her Curb Records contract was up:
"My time. Our music. Be a part of my new full-length album! Let’s ring the bell and shake things up! It’s my time to create OUR music. Music has been with me all my life. When I moved down to Nashville right after high school, I was fortunate enough to sign with a major label. I had a great run during my 18 years with them, but as with most labels, the songs chosen to make a record were always determined by someone else deciding whether they were a “hit” or not. I would hear from the public what they’d like to see on my records and when I reported back, it seemed to fall on deaf ears. Now that I'm off the label and have the ability to make any record I want, I’d like to take a different route. I want to give the public a chance to be heard. This time I want to make a record WITH you, in addition to making one FOR you. Kickstarter is the perfect platform. It allows me to change the way things have traditionally been done in my career for years. It’s totally exciting! However, Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing deal, so you guys play a crucial role in the end result of this album. Because, as anyone who has ever tried to do something “big” knows, it takes a lot of people to make it happen. Our goal is to raise at least $100,000 in 30 days, and I’d love for you to support me. I’m so excited about you being a part of the album-making process, and I’m really looking forward to this new way of making music. Through Kickstarter, we can make the music you want, because you’ll be a part of it! This album is truly for you, the people who appreciate the creative process, as well as my amazing fans. There’s no question, I wouldn’t be where I am today without your love and support. You’ve been with me since the beginning, and I’m in need of your support now more than ever. This album is a fresh start for me, and I want us to go on this exciting journey together."


Click HERE to learn more about how to support Jo Dee's new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment