Thursday, November 5, 2009

Joe Diffie's Live at Billy Bob's Texas Album Just Around Corner

Grammy-winning country star and Grand Ole Opry member Joe Diffie will release his first-ever live album, Live at Billy Bob’s Texas on November 17th on the Smith Music label. Diffie joins such greats as Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Asleep at the Wheel and a host of others who have recorded projects for the series.

Live at Billy Bob’s Texas gives fans an opportunity to experience the energy of Diffie’s live show as he delivers flawless versions of many of his biggest hits, along with a handful of fan-favorite album cuts including his version of “My Give A Damn’s Busted,” a song written by Diffie that became a #1 hit for Jo Dee Messina. Also featured are a cover of the Charlie Rich classic “Behind Closed Doors,” which showcases Diffie’s amazing vocal range, a cover of the Little Feat classic “Willin’” performed as a duet with Diffie’s son Parker, and a bonus track of Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues” performed by Diffie’s father, Joe Diffie, Sr.

“My dad had no idea that I was going to call him up to the stage to sing with us. I’m really proud that he and my son are featured on this album. It’s a memory that I’ll treasure for the rest of my life,” says Diffie. “I’ve always wanted to record a live album, and doing a Live at Billy Bob’s Texas album was the perfect way to make it happen. I hope that the fun and passion we have when we do a live show translates on the CD.”

Tracks included on Live at Billy Bob’s are:

1 Third Rock From the Sun
2 Next Thing Smokin’
3 C-O-U-N-T-R-Y
4 If the Devil Danced (In Empty Pockets)
5 So Help Me Girl
6 Pickup Man
7 A Night To Remember
8 It's Always Something
9 Behind Closed Doors
10 The More You Drink, The Better I Look
11 Is It Cold In Here
12 My Give A Damn's Busted
13 Ships That Don't Come In
14 Good Brown Gravy
15 Willin' (featuring Parker Diffie)
16 Prop Me Up Beside The Jukebox (If I Die)
17 John Deere Green
18 Honky Tonk Attitude
*Bonus Cut-Folsom Prison (featuring Joe Diffie Sr.)

1 comment:

  1. What a amazing sample of Joe's work. Not only did it show case Joe's amazing vocal range but also his songwriting talent. Joe co-wrote many of the cuts on this CD.
    Parker did a good job on "Willin"!
    Pay close attention to Folsom Prison- Joe Sr. is awesome. Sure can tell where Joe gets his talent. Roberta

    ReplyDelete