Friday, December 3, 2010

Michelle Branch Walks Away From Current Album Project

Michelle Branch- formerly of the Wreckers- has taken to her website to explain that she has walked away from the solo project that she had been working on for Warner Music Nashville tentatively called Everything Comes and Goes. It had been discussed as a December 2010 release originally. Below is the unedited open letter to her fans explaining the situtation:

A lot of changes have happened in the last few months. Perhaps the biggest (and the one that directly involves you) is that I’ve decided it’s time to move on. I went into the studio and started recording Everything Comes and Goes in the fall of 2007 with high hopes of it being released that following summer. Three years later, a majority of that album still sits on the proverbial shelf. It has not been the easiest ride emotionally or creatively. It seemed like every time I had a leg up and the light at the end of the tunnel was drawing nearer, something would happen and dramatically alter the course. I am so proud of this album and I so desperately wanted to share it with you. So many people crossed my path and gave their two cents about who I was and what I should sound like, that by the end of the day my original vision had been lost and buried. For the first time ever I found myself in a position where I was trying to appease someone else. I’m heartbroken that you might never hear the original version of this album as I had intended. I’ve had my moment of grief and I think the only way I can get through it is by moving forward.

I have recently started a new album from scratch and I couldn’t be more excited.

I can’t thank you enough for being there for me throughout the making of Everything Comes and Goes. You guys truly are the greatest. Your unwavering support is remarkable and humbling.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being there when I’ve needed you the most and for being so very patient.

I have a lot of fantastic things in store for you all:

On Thursday, December 9th at 5:00pm PST, I will be doing a Live Online chat where I will be answering questions & playing a few old songs and maybe some new ones too! More details to come, so please check my website for additional information.

Also, 'Broken Bracelet' is now available at iTunes, Amazon, Emusic, Rhapsody, etc and at my brand new on-line Merchandise store! I am extremely excited about this. For those of you who don't know, Broken Bracelet was my independent record I made when I was 14 years old to sell at shows and shop to record labels. It ultimately got me my record deal with Maverick Records. Some songs that were on The Spirit Room are on Broken Bracelet in a very rough demo form. I'm so happy we've figured out a way to share it with you.

Stay tuned!

Much love,

M

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blog! I've included it on a site I've created, which is a compilation of some of the best blogs in the city.

    Best of Blogs Nashville-Davidson
    http://bestofblogsnashvilledavidson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Jacquet DeSevren Branch was born on 2nd July 1983 also called Michelle Branch is an American actress, songwriter, and singer. She released two top-selling albums namely ‘The Spirit Room’ additionally as ‘Hotel Paper’ within the early 2000s.
    https://www.biographydiary.com/michelle-branch/

    ReplyDelete