Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gretchen Wilson Plans Two Different EP's in 2013


Gretchen Wilson sat down with Billboard Magazine and unveiled not one, but two different EP projects that are going to be released in the new year. The first will be a six-song of classic rock cover songs pulled from 1970's. The second will be a more country album of original material.

Says Wilson:
"We just finished up mixing on the first of two six-packs I'm going to be releasing. We decided to do something that would be really fun and familiar, and a project of originals. One of the six-packs is of classic rock cover songs, and the other is all originals."
"All the songs are from the 70s, which is my favorite classic rock era. We did 'Stay With Me' from Faces, 'Funk #49' by the James Gang, and also covered Bad Company and Van Morrison.
"I've decided that moving forward, I'm going to try to give songs to my audience that move me. I'm not going to pay as much attention to whether it has a fiddle or a steel guitar in it. If it's a piano based song - even if it's not what I'm used to, but the song is that good, then that's what I am going to do. I've got a huge variety of musical influences - country, a lot of rock and roll, but also some stuff like Billie Holiday. I think you can never learn too much, when it comes to music. If you're closed minded, and only listen to one style of music, your creativity will suffer in the long run."

1 comment:

  1. Gretchen, We All Miss Your Singing. Im In Granite City and We All Miss The Redneck Women. Good Luck With Your New Music and God Bless You and Family and All Your Music. Its Great. Gary In Granite City

    ReplyDelete