Monday, January 28, 2013

Cancer Scare Behind Him, Timothy B. Schmit Readies For Eagles Film Debut In February

Longtime Eagles member (and former Poco band member) Timothy B. Schmit just recently announced his fight and subsequent recovery from throat and neck cancer. His struggle with the disease was first made public in late-December by his assistant, Julie, who told fan site Timothy B Schmit On-Line that:
In October, Timothy was diagnosed with throat and neck cancer. He flew to New York right after the 11/17/12 Las Vegas show for surgery with a top surgeon. He was only in the hospital for three days.
The good news is that the surgery was successful and Timothy has received a clean bill of health. The final pathology report stated that he appears to be cancer free, both in his throat and neck. He does not need to have chemo or radiation. Now he just has to keep an eye on things every month for about a year to be sure it stays away, and then not so often.
Last week, Schmit posted his own update and thank you on his website:
I’m way past due in expressing my sincere gratitude for the outpouring of get well wishes I’ve received over the last few weeks. They have come in various forms, like the great e-card that was signed by many, many people through the L & M’s Eagles Fastlane website, as well as all the touching cards I’ve received via snail mail. I very much appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers regarding my health. But, let me give you a brief update. Although my issues were disheartening, and I went through what the doctors called, “major surgery”, the truth is I was only bedridden during my three night stay in the hospital. I was up and about right after, starting with daily walks on the streets of Manhattan. After another week I received a clean bill of health and headed for home on the west coast. My voice is coming along nicely, and as many of you know, I was able to perform with the Eagles just before the new year. So … All is good. The brief synopsis is: I discovered a problem and took care of it; simple as that.
So, not to worry … I love my work, and plan on doing it for as long as possible. I’m chipping away at a new solo album, and I wouldn’t be surprised if you hear of more Eagles action in the near future.
Schmit's recovery comes just in time to participate in the festivities surrounding the debut of a brand new film about The Eagles. Fans will be able to watch the official trailer for History of the Eagles – The Story of an American Band this next month. A two-night premiere event Fri 2/15 & Sat 2/16 8PM on cable television's Showtime will kick it off. Visit www.eaglesband.com for more details and updates. You can watch a preview of the movie HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment