Friday, November 11, 2016

New Music Video From Steven Curtis Chapman - "We Remember"

On this Veterans Day, Steven Curtis Chapman released this live video of a special song with a beautiful personal sentiment.

Said Chapman, "A while back I was thinking about my Grandpa Rubel Rudd who received a Purple Heart medal for his service in World War II. He was injured by a grenade in The Battle of Okinawa where many of his buddies were killed, and he carried the scars with him until the day he went to heaven on Dec 18 of 2003. He was one of the greatest men I've ever known. One of my great memories with him was getting to introduce him to one of his heroes, Rev. Billy Graham, when I was singing at a Billy Graham Crusade in Nashville in 2000. I have an amazing picture of those 2 great men of God shaking hands as I'm looking on with a huge smile on my face."

"I remember hearing stories of how my mom who was just a baby when he left for the war was afraid of this "stranger" when he first returned home after being injured. Thankfully, with time, prayer and God's grace they had many good years together as a family. But it's always reminded me that there is a very high price paid by so many for the gift of freedom that we enjoy every day in this great country...and I wanted to just take a moment to say Thank You! So I did what I usually do when I have something to say...I wrote a song of course! If you are someone who has served or is currently serving our country or are a family member of someone who has or is serving, please know, "We Remember"."

No comments:

Post a Comment