Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Wade Hayes Readies New Album, Old Country Songs

Artist: Wade Hayes
Album: Old Country Song
Label: Conabor Records
Release date: Very soon
 
Six years after Hayes was diagnosed and publically battled (and beat) Stage IV colon cancer, the artist is back with a new project of very traditional country songs. He has been in remission since June 2012 and this project follows up the 2015 project Go Live Your Life.

Signed to Columbia Records in 1994, he made his debut that year with his gold-certified album Old Enough to Know Better. Its title track, which served as his debut single, reached Number One on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts, and three more singles from it all reached Top Ten as well. Hayes' second album, 1996's On a Good Night, was also certified gold, although its No. 2-peaking title track was the only Top 40 hit from it. When the Wrong One Loves You Right, his third album, produced two more singles, including the No. 5 "The Day That She Left Tulsa (In a Chevy)", although he left the label by 1999. A year later, he signed to the Monument roster, where he released Highways & Heartaches
 
Cut-By-Cut Commentary By Wade Hayes

Can’t Get Close Enough to You is a song I wrote with Clint Ingersol years ago. I think I did it once at a writers night and had totally forgotten about it.  My friend Helen Neal ask me about recording it for this project as she had remembered it all these years. I’m glad she did because it’s one of my favorites on this album
 
Full Moon Summer Night is a song I wrote with Mark Collie. I literally got the idea one night standing outside looking at the sky and smelling the honeysuckle. It brought back some wonderful memories of being young. Mark was awesome to write with.
 
I Wish I Still Drank is a song I wrote after a friend of mine told me one of the funniest true stories I’d ever heard- I knew I had to write a song around it. Lee Roy Parnell was actually there when it happened, so naturally, I had to have him play the slide solo on it. He killed it.
 
What You Need From Me is a song I came across years ago when I was trying to get my friend Megan Mullins another deal of her own. She’s one of the most talented people I’ve ever met. The people we met with played us the song and ask us to work it up for them. I fell in love with the song years ago and finally got the chance to record it with Megan.
 
We Needed the Rain is a song a friend of mine Alicia sent to me, and I loved it from day one. It was written by Chris Stapleton, and I really got to stretch out vocally for me.
 
Old Country Song, the title track was written by my old friend and writing partner Roger Springer. Mike Owens sent me the song and I knew I had to record it. This song is brilliant in my opinion.
 
All I Know was also written by Roger and Tim. I heard the song again when I was down in Oklahoma visiting Roger at his theater and ask him if I could cut it on this record. I had forgotten how much I liked it!
 
Julia was one of my favorite Conway songs written by my first producer Don Cook and John Jarvis. Megan and I were backstage warming up and we started singing it out of the blue. I really just enjoyed singing and playing it. I never forgot how I enjoyed it that day and decided to record it. It’s another one of my favorites on their project.
 
She Knows Me is another song I wrote yeas ago, and always kinda liked what it said. Don cook suggested after hearing it one day that I do an uptempo version of it, so I rewrote it and did just that.
 
Going Where the Lonely Go is one of my favorite Hag tunes. His passing was still pretty present in my mind when we were cutting so I decided to do it. It is also special to me because my favorite guitar picker in town and I are trading solos on the end. His are the good ones:-)


4 comments:

  1. Old Country Song(s) are definitely the best! Wade Hayes is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does mobile phone have the best quality ringtone? Are you satisfied with your ringtone? Do you feel bored and want to change? I will mention the most favorite ringtone in 2018 that I usually install here: https://ringtonesmobile.net/

    These are ringtones that I recommend to anyone to refer and install without spending a lot of time:

    - bollywood ringtone
    - Pop ringtone
    - Iphone ringtone
    - Marimba ringtone
    - Dance ringtone

    Best quality ringtone in 2018 here. Free ringtones for everyone here. Quickly install your favorite ringtone for your mobile phone. Thank you for your attention.

    ReplyDelete