Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wynonna Readies New Album For Spring 2009

Wynonna Judd and mother Naomi were signed to RCA Records in 1983 andThe Judds and went on to score 14 No. 1 hits. On her own, Wynonna, 44, has sold more than nine million records and charted fourteen top 10 hits, including five No. 1 singles. There's already discussions on whether their relative short-lived duo-ship is Hall-Of-Fame worthy.

On Wynonna's last release entitled “Her Story,” she created a musical biography chronicling her career without regard to catering to the radio bureaucracy.
“I am at a place in my life where I’m not afraid to go out on a limb,” she said recently in People Magazine. “And that comes with wisdom and experience of living on a bus for 24 years ... of waking up in parking lots every day and stepping out into the real world.”

She's been hard at work on her latest album for more than a year and a half and hopes to have it ready for release by next spring. She's even more excited about sharing it with her fans, however.

“The album is a collection of stories from my musical upbringing,” she said. “It took a really long time to make this record because I gave every bit of passion I have ever given on a record in my life. You know, at this age, you get to a point where you’re just grateful to be anywhere. You really do, because you realize ‘You know what? I have the history to prove I can do it.’ It’s not an arrogance, it's a confidence.”

The new album is rumored to be a music tribute of sorts to the sounds of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Delbert McClinton and Bonnie Raitt.

“You know what it is? It’s not respect, but it's an homage to those who came before me,” she said. “I feel like in this day and age, we've gotten to a point where we’re losing our legends. And it’s really important for me at this time to take a snapshot and say ‘This is where I am, this is where I've been and came from.’ It’s really important to honor that.”

I should send a letter to Curb Records to ask them to fast-forward this one... can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment