Friday, November 28, 2008

Michael Martin Murphey To Release New Album In February

I was introduced to Michael Martin Murphey at the age of 17. My wife and I were high school sweethearts and as she knew I was a music crazed boy, she sent me off on a quest to go find a song I hadn't heard of before by an artist I hadn't heard of before, Wildfire. After many trips to local Tower Records and used record stores, I finally found a 45 of this beautiful, yet hauntingly tragic song about a girl getting lost in the snow looking for her beloved horse. You can listen to Murphey play the song live HERE or view the video below.

Murphey will put out a new album on the bluegrass label Rural Rhythm Records called Buckaroo Blue Grass on February 10th. Michael's son, Ryan has produced the album, written all the arrangements, sang harmony vocals and played all rhythm guitar on the album. It includes a mixture of new songs and some Murphey classics and will include backing by bluegrass legends Rhonda Vincent and Ronnie McCoury.

1 comment:

  1. MMM does my favorite Christmas song, Christmas on the Line, the lyrics and his voice create an image of beautiful cold Christmas night. Thanks for that song!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete