Monday, November 24, 2008

Up and Coming New Nashville- Lauren Briant (With Exclusive Interview)

Each week, That Nashville Sound runs a column called Up and Coming New Nashville where we try and identify some of the exciting artists that deserve more love. This week's feature artist is the beautiful & talented Lauren Briant.

Lauren Briant's talent was apparent at a very young age. Lauren always knew she was headed for a life on stage. At age five, she was singing solos in Church and appearing in plays at her school. By age seven, while she friends were playing soccer and baseball, she was at rehearsal for stage productions. At ten, Lauren played the lead in Annie and at thirteen was ‘Maria' in West Side Story. Lauren won “Best Vocal Performance” at the MAAI Competition in New York City when she was fifteen. The following year at the same competition, she again placed first and was asked to return the next year as the Guest Soloist and Celebrity Presenter for the entire conference. Lauren also has been awarded 'Best in Show' in countless talent competitions in the Dallas are At sixteen, Lauren was the 'Narrator' in “Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat” and ‘Anna' in The King and I.

Now all grown up, Lauren has brought her voice to stages in Hartford, Nashville, Hollywood, Glendale, Philadelphia, Atlanta, New York, Indianapolis and Dallas. Lauren has appeared on the BET in New York, Good Morning Dallas and Channel 4 News Television shows in Dallas. She has been a featured soloist at The Hard Rock Café, The Granada Theatre, The Eiseman Center Theatre, Southern Methodist University, The Bass Hall Theater, The American Airlines Center, Ameriquest Field in Arlington, The Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Omni Hotels to name just a few.

She has recently been touring with Colt Ford all over the southeast US and has a brand new indie self-titled album. You can hear her music on her mySpace page or listen to her music on iTunes.

That Nashville Sound had a chance to sit to an exclusive interview with Ms. Briant and talk about her growth and emergence as a country artist.

TNS- What brought you to Nashville?

LB- I was invited to record some great songs by a good friend of mine, Colt Ford. I had never been to Nashville and was excited about the invitation. I loved it! Everything about Nashville felt like home to me. I loved the Broadway honky tonks, music row and the wide open spaces. I have been back many times since and each time feel more and more at home there.

TNS- What are the highlights of your career thus far?

LB- I really must say that my most recent opportunities in music have been my career highlights. I had the privilage of filming an episode of the 'Outdoor Channel's "HUNTIN THE WORLD" this fall. I had never been hunting and loved the experience. The episode we filmed will air in the spring of 2009. I have also had the privilage of opening for Colt Ford on his most recent tour. We have been to North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee and Atlanta. The venues have all been packed to capacity and the fans have just been the best ever. Totally good times for sure!

TNS- What might people be surprised to learn about you?

LB- Well, I guess it might be a little surprising that I love to cook and I am pretty darn good at it! Thanksgiving dinner at my house is prepared completely by me....with five different kinds of pumpkin desserts! I make my brothers do the dishes.

TNS- What kind of music are you listening to? What's in your iPod?

LB- I love when I"m asked that question because everytime I answer it, my ipod favorites change. Leona Lewis is a favorite right now. I love Taylor Swifts new song. John Michael Mongomery and Alan Jackson are playing loud and clear right now on my trusty ipod. I will say though, I am a huge fan of the oldies. Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, any of the old school tunes have always been favorites of mine.

TNS- Looking ahead ten years, what do you see for yourself?

LB- I have alwasy wanted to sing....as long as I can remember..... Hopefully in ten years I can still be doing just that.....singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment