Monday, November 3, 2008

Up And Coming New Nashville- Sarah Gunsolus (With Exclusive Interview)

From the time she was a little girl, Sarah Gunsolus was running around and singing praise songs that she heard in church. Her mother said that she drove all visitors in their house crazy with her constant loud singing. She knew from the time she was a little girl that she wanted to be a performer and entertainer and she realized her talent and love for music around the age of eight. After spending her first year of college in her hometown, she realized that she had to get out and chase her dreams as a country music singer. Her parents helped to get her up to the big city of Nashville, TN where she enrolled at Belmont University in the Music Business program and landed an internship with Curb Records on Music Row. Many great things are happening with her career including her being featured on Fox's show Nashville.
You can listen to some of her great music and vocals here.

That Nashville Sound had an opportunity to sit down with Sarah for an exclusive interview:

TNS- What brought you to Nashville?

SG-I moved to Nashville about four years ago to pursue a career in the music industry as an artist/writer. I have been writing & singing since I was about 8 years old. I chose to pursue Country Music as a career because it was simply the only choice for me. As of now, I've had some of the biggest breaks you can have in this town, and some of the biggest letdowns you can have. This industry is such a rollercoaster ride and it takes a certain kind of person to try and take the music business on, but I am absolutely that person. I love what I do and cannot imagine my life any other way!

TNS- Looking over your career thus far, what do you rank as a couple of the highlights?

SG- Looking back as of now, I would have to say the few highlights in my musical career were firstly, moving to Nashville. So many people have huge dreams, but for one reason or another are unable to actually chase them. I feel blessed to be able to pursue my dreams! Other highlights are when I got my first record deal and when I got my first publishing deal. In the end, I decided to walk away from my deal because of differences that couldn't be resolved. However, I learned so much during this time and grew as an artist and a writer. Also, about a year ago I was able to participate in a reality show that was shot in Nashville aptly named "Nashville". It was about young artists in the music business trying to make it in the big city. However, FOX Network dropped the show after two episodes, but just the same, it was a great experience and I learned so much about that area of the entertainment industry.

TNS- What might people be suprised to find out about you?

SG- I think people would be very surprised to see how many different aspects I have to my personality. I am from SOUTH, Georgia and I fish, hunt, play paint ball, go boggin', but I also am obsessed with fashion, love to shop, love makeup, hair, lipstick, and I am about as girlie girl as it gets. Another interesting thing is that I am really funny! Not bragging, but its true, I'm hilarious! Well, other people think so, unless they are lying...

TNS- What kind of music are you listening to? What's in your iPod?

SG- Well, at the moment, my ipod is broken. I know, disturbing...what shall I work out to? But on my Itunes and in my CD player there is about everything that is considered music. Surprisingly I love rap, hip hop, COUNTRY, Rock, R&B, and everything else under the sun. I also love listening to other songwriter compilation CDs. As an artist I am always listening for great music to eventually put on an album. So...to answer the question, I have Charlie Robison, Whitney Houston, Vince Gill, Lil' Wayne, Young Jeezy, Ryan Adams, Bryan Adams, John Mayer, One Republic, Jessica Andrews, George Strait, Amy Grant (all time favorite), Lee Brice, Patty Griffin, Randy Houser, Rascal Flatts, Faith Hill, Luke Bryan, Sheryl Crow, Sarah Bareilles, T.I. and the list goes on!

TNS- If you had a crystal ball and looked forward ten years, what do you see for yourself?

SG- If I could look into a crystal ball about 10 years from now, I will probably have done a few albums and written a million songs! I think as an artist/writer, you have to continually grow and change with the business, but find your own nitch and voice, and say what you think will touch people. I am a huge believer in destiny, so I know that wherever I am, it will be where I am supposed to be. I'm just going to be who I am, and share that with the whoever wants to listen. Hopefully through my music and life, I'll touch someone, inspire someone, bless someone, and have a blast while doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment