Thursday, May 14, 2009

Phil Stacey Signs To New Label, Readies New Faith-Based Album

After making it to the Top Five of American Idol, Phil Stacey signed with a Disney, made a country record with a couple of mid-level hits on it, and is now reintroducing himself to the Christian music world via Reunion Records. A new faith-based album is planned for later this summer.
In an interview with Christian Music Today, Phil says, “"I've got a message I want to share with people." I was able to put John Waller songs on my record, and I was able to share my faith with people, and I think it got to a point where most of the people around me were like, "Phil, you're a Christian artist, this is your heart." I missed singing in church. That's where I grew up singing. I was touring churches when I was 13. So I realized that's where I need to be. My label and I parted ways early fall last year. I was ready to travel to churches, just share my heart with people.

When asked about combining genres of country music and Christian music, Stacey says in the interview, “I have always loved country music. I was born in Eastern Kentucky. I grew up listening to the greats—Bill Monroe, Roy Acuff, these guys did more hymns than anything else. The Grand Ole Opry used to end every single episode with a hymn. And that's the music I was allowed to listen to as a kid. It's funny talking to artists about genres. Within Christian music you're got a vast array of different genres.”

You can read the rest of the article here...

1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought?american idol results 5 13 09
    The video:american idol-video

    ReplyDelete