Friday, August 7, 2009

9513 Interview With Steve Azar

Steve Azar, known best in country music circles for his hits “Waitin’ on Joe” and “I Don’t Have To Be Me (til Monday),” has a brand new album out this week called Slide On Over Here. He and I had a great conversation this week that I’ve shared with the readers of the other site I contribute to, The9513.com. Read the interview by clicking HERE

“One night at about two in the morning, I was off the road for a couple of days and my wife was about 72 feet to the left of me and hanging off the edge of the bed and all I could think about was that I should say “Slide On Over Here” [Laughter]. Of course I didn’t! I went under the covers and I said, “Don’t do it, don’t do it!” And I wrote this verse about growing up and you’ve got your car and you’ve got your girl and it is the first time your girl ever slid over and the first time you ever thought it. I put it as a bonus track. I was on my iPhone, typing it up and of course the next morning, it looked like gibberish because those cell phones have a mind of their own sometimes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment