Thursday, August 27, 2009

American Idol's Danny Gokey Confirms Country Record Deal

In a video interview with Entertainment Weekly this week, 2009 American Idol third place finisher Danny Gokey has revealed that he has a Nashville record deal in place, (a formal announcement will be made in early to mid September), and that it will be a country album.

Gokey says, "I'm not interested in making the million dollars. I'll climb the ladder slowly and build myself up, learn the industry, learn what's good and not good."

"Country is more about the message than it is about the twang," he said. "In the past I've always picked songs that have a strong message, and that's what country carries [to me]."

4 comments:

  1. I think that Danny and country music are a great fit. He sang several country songs on American Idol and is singing two country songs on tour to rave reviews. He has a great voice and is a really great guy. He is actively involved in his Church and has his own foundation to help out disadvantaged kids. We need more people in this world like Danny. I know I will buy his album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny will bring more fans to country! I do not like Country, but will buy anything he puts out just to hear his golden voice; and there are thousands of non-country fans who will do the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy country music all through the range from traditional to more modern. Danny is a fantastic singer with a very special voice, and a genuine, emotional connection to his songs. I can't wait to hear what he does with his upcoming country CD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny has an amazing voice and sings with such passion. I like country and can't wait to see how he brings his brand of country soul to the industry. I look forward to buying his cd.
    Sherry from west virginia

    ReplyDelete