Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An Interview With Darryl Worley on 9513

I had an opportunity to interview Darryl Worley this past week on my other site I work on at 9513. I'd love for all my TNS readers to click through HERE to read it and let me know what you think with comments.

Darryl Worley signed with DreamWorks Nashville back in 1999. His debut album, Hard Rain Don’t Last (2000) was the first of four albums for the label. I Miss My Friend (2002), Have You Forgotten? (2003), and Darryl Worley (2004) would all follow, spawning three number one singles and 12 charted hits. After the label closed in 2005, he moved to 903 Music (an independent label owned by Neal McCoy), releasing Here and Now in 2006, shortly before that label’s closure. His most recent studio release is 2009’s Sounds Like Life via Stroudavarious Records and its first charted single, “Sounds Like Life” is racing up the charts now.

"We’re down there (at the Tennessee River Run event) giving everything we got to the cause. Obviously, we award grants to people in need in that whole region down there. We’re giving money to several national charities every single year including Cystic Fibrosis and St. Jude–a whole lot of charities. But we have a new focus the past few years, we’ve started a campaign to build a four million dollar cancer treatment center in my home town. I think financially, we’re ready to break ground, but we’ve got a few political hurdles to clear right now. Hopefully we’ll have that straightened out and cleared up so we can get started later this year or this fall."

No comments:

Post a Comment