Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Phil Vassar Releases New Artwork & Track Listing For 12/15 Release

Universal Records South’s Phil Vassar is preparing to release his next studio album Traveling Circus on December 15, 2009, much sooner than anticipated. Initially expected to be released this coming February, Vassar’s team has now put plans into overdrive for the surprise December 15 release.

Vassar took a unique, hands-on approach when it came to making Traveling Circus. Vassar produced the album himself and actually hired his road band to play on the album. His friend and high school art teacher Jason Erwin painted all of the album art, aspiring videographer fresh out of film school Chris Cella produced the video for “Everywhere I Go,” and a young and aspiring photographer Wes Aldridge shot the new album photo shoot.

“My life has been one big traveling circus for many years and just felt like this is a perfect title for the release,” states Vassar. “I have been all over the country performing and wouldn’t want my life to be any other way. This record is, as all have been, a very personal and cathartic experience. I am hoping that this year’s stockings get filled with this record. It's been great working with some very young and innovative talents while putting this project together. When we were told of the release date, the team jumped into action and hope we will be engaging our fans and new ones in some very creative ways, so look out.”

TRACK LISTING:
1. Life (Phil Vassar)
2. Lemonade (Phil Vassar/Charlie Black/Tim Ryan)
3. Everywhere I Go (Phil Vassar/Jeffrey Steele)
4. John Wayne (Phil Vassar/Tom Douglas)
5. Tequila Town (Phil Vassar/Kelly Loveless)
6. Bobbi With An I (Phil Vassar/Craig Wiseman)
7. She’s On Her Way (Phil Vassar/Tim Nichols/Jeff Outlaw)
8. A Year From Now (Phil Vassar/Craig Wiseman)
9. Save Tonight For Me (Phil Vassar/Tim Ryan/Julie Wood)
10. I Will Remember You (Phil Vassar/Kenny Chesney)
11. Where Have All The Pianos Gone (Phil Vassar/James Slater)

4 comments:

  1. Phil Vassar is coming to Germany in February 2010 and I am doing the opener for him. Really looking forward to hearing him and some of these new songs. I've done the Tracy Byrd, Tracy Lawrence, Asleep At The Wheel, Bellamy Bros and Michael Peterson shows as well. I think he'll dig this club (Four Corners close to Augsburg)too.
    Daniel T. Coates
    www.daniel-t-coates.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for this release too, next week! I've also been listening to the Christmas music available for free on his website at: http://www.philvassar.com/christmas/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see he has a new CD coming out. It will make a good Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Erwin's cover....what a talent!

    ReplyDelete