Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pop Star Lily Allen Has Country Music Aspirations

Brit pop singer Lily Allen has revealed that she would love to make a country album, if only she can get clearance to work in the US.

Allen, 24, who was denied entry into the U.S. in 2007 after she was arrested on allegations of assault following a scuffle with a photographer in the U.K., is desperate to work with producer Joseph 'T-Bone' Burnett.

She was inspired by Grammy-winning record Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, which Burnett had helped create.

"I love the whole folky and bluegrass sound. I'd love to do an album like that. I could see myself doing an album with T-Bone Burnett," quoted her as telling British magazine Q.

"A mix of Brit-pop and country would be great. Thing is, my visa application to the U.S. has not been renewed, so I wouldn't be able to go to Nashville and do it," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment