Friday, January 8, 2010

Interview With The Wrecker's Jessica Harp Over At The 9513

Jessica Harp enters the next chapter in her career after a wildly successful debut album, a project released in 2006 with her best friend and then pop-star Michelle Branch under the band name the Wreckers (shortened from The Cass County Homewreckers, given to the girls by Branch’s husband). The duo’s first and only album, Stand Still, Look Pretty, included the Billboard number one single (and now radio mainstay) “Leave The Pieces,” and the pair would go on to win a CMA for Best Vocal Duo Of The Year and a GRAMMY For Best Duo or Group Performance.

Now Jessica has had a hit of her own with "Boy Like Me" and she has another one going up the charts called "A Woman Needs." I had a chance to talk to Harp about her career both as a solo artist as well as part of the Wreckers. There's a snippet below and you can read the balance of the interview HERE.

"I would say that for anyone who listened to me when I was in The Wreckers, I think The Wreckers sort of had a folk-country influence to it, this record is definitely straight up more modern country. What I really love about the record is that Jerry Flowers produced my record and he’s an up and coming producer. A lot of people don’t know this, but there are about five producers in Nashville that are incredible producers but they do everything you hear on the radio. I loved having someone with a fresh set of ears produce my record because while it’s very much modern country, it sounds very fresh to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment