Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Grand Ole Opry Carrie Underwood Interview

The Grand Ole Opry posted a fun interview over at Opry.com with Carrie Underwood- all about her Opry experience… and new shoes. Click HERE for source.

Does it feel like it has been two years since Randy Travis invited you to become a Grand Ole Opry member and since Garth Brooks made it official?

It's really hard to believe that it's been a whole two years since I was invited to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry! I guess time flies when you're having fun!

What is your most vivid memory of the night you were invited to become an Opry member?

I was so shocked that everyone managed to pull one over on me! Seeing Randy walk out on that stage was such an exciting moment! I had no clue all of this was going down...everything after that was kind of a crazy happy blur!

Of the night you were inducted?

My parents came to Nashville for the induction. I don't get to see them that often and especially don't get to see them in Nashville. When I spend time with them it's usually in Checotah, so that was a special treat having them there. Garth Brooks was so nice to come and induct me! He was the sprinkles on the cupcake for me! And he was so great to my family! What an honor!

Two Okies were a part of your induction night: Garth Brooks officially inducted you and Vince Gill sang with you on "Jesus, Take the Wheel." Do you do anything or have any habits that make it a dead giveaway that you're from Oklahoma?

I think you can definitely look at me and tell that I'm from somewhere around Oklahoma! I do have "isms," but I think they have more to do with being from the south and not necessarily from being from Oklahoma. We do all have great pride in our state, though!

You made your Opry debut five years ago this June. What in your life has changed the most in that time?

A lot has changed. I've since recorded 3 albums, I've gotten engaged, and I've played at the Opry numerous times since then...those are just a few things that have gone on! I've been one busy lady!

What's a song you'd love to try out on an Opry crowd someday?

I love being a part of theme nights at the Opry. I'm pretty much up for anything, but the standards are what really get the crowd going!

You contributed the title track to the Opry gospel compilation HOW GREAT THOU ART. What are a couple of your other favorite hymns?

I really love the traditional hymns. A few of my favorites are "The Old Rugged Cross," "Just As I Am," "Because He Lives," and of course, "How Great Thou Art." Find any old hymn book and I'm sure to love every song in there!

What do you most enjoy about the time you get to spend in Nashville?

I love living in Nashville! It's so beautiful and the people are awesome! I feel at home there and hope to live there for the rest of my life!

What's your favorite way to get away from it all?

I just love being at home! I feel so "normal" at home when I get my chores done. There's always something to do!

With all the incredible experiences you've had the past few years, what continues to be your favorite simple pleasures?

I love to grocery shop! I know that sounds crazy, but it's one of my favorite things to do! I find happiness in the most mundane tasks!

You've been a star player on the Opry team at the City of Hope Softball Tournament the past three years. What is one of your secrets to a great game?

Just have fun!

Which is your favorite-writing songs or recording them?

I really love both! I could definitely see myself just being a writer when I retire from the crazy entertainer life! The best, though, is when there's the combination of the two. Singing a song that I wrote feels so good! Especially when that song impacts people!

Anything you'd like to make sure you've accomplished by the time you celebrate your 10th Opry anniversary?

That's a hard one to answer...I really don't set too many goals for myself. I just go with the flow and enjoy opportunities to do new things as they come around. I can't tell you exactly what I'm doing next week let alone what I will have done over a 10-year span. I just hope I continue to be happy and healthy! I just follow the road that God has paved for me!

Which would you prefer: new clothes or new shoes?

New shoes! New shoes make old clothes look better!

1 comment:

  1. why don,t you just give up talent???????? come on

    ReplyDelete