Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Interview With Bucky Covington Over At The 9513

Bucky Covington is a native of Rockingham, N.C., who grew up listening to country music and taught himself to play guitar after graduating from high school. He worked in his family's auto body shop during the week and started playing in clubs in the Carolinas on the weekends. He and his twin brother, Rocky, auditioned for American Idol, and Bucky was chosen as a finalist in the 2006 season. He placed eighth in the competition, and the exposure helped him connect with Sawyer Brown's management company. The band's lead singer, Mark Miller, produced Covington's studio sessions. His self-titled debut became the best-selling debut artist from the country music class of 2007, opening at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and producing three hit singles (“A Different World.” “I’ll Walk” and “It’s Good To Be Us”). Bucky was kind enough to speak with me about what fans can expect on his upcoming sophomore album, I’m Alright, his new single, “A Father’s Love,” his recent USO tour and his thoughts on American Idol. Read a snippet below or head over HERE to read the entire interview.

"I’m very, very proud of my first album. I think it did great and wonderful. But we were pushed for a little time on that one. When you come off of a show like that, you want to hit the ground running. When you come off of a TV show, you’ll be remembered only as long as until the next season comes out. Then it’s a whole new thing. We had to get to work quick, and we were able to get that one out. But one thing I absolutely love about country music is that while in pop music, you couldn’t take an 80s sounding song and do anything with it, you can take an 80s sounding country song and today and go number one with it. I love how country music kind of grows that way. It has some pop that’s grown into it, there’s a rock edge in it, but it can still do the straight country and western songs. I love that. And this album has a variety of country music like that on it. There’s some soulful songs on there. We have a song on there called “Hold A Woman” that my 60s side, if you will. We have upbeat songs. There’s one on there called “Evil Knievil.” We’ve got the title track which is “I’m Alright.” It’s one of my favorites and it’s a very traditional country song. I really love it. And we had a lot more time on this album."

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this new song by Bucky! I think this is going to be a huge hit for him.
    ~Rachel68005

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for posting this inquiry on your comment section, but I am interested in working with you to place advertising on your site. We are a secondary tickets broker web site and would be interested in pursuing a number of options. Our most common form of advertising is a small text ad with three to five links embedded. We have a variety of tickets to shows, concerts, and sporting events and would choose the links that are relevant to your site. We are open to a variety of other forms of advertising as well, including a banner ad and hosted articles.

    Please respond if you are interested. I look forward to reading your response.

    ReplyDelete