Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Interview With Kellie Coffey Over At The 9513

Kellie Coffey found her niche as a singer in Los Angeles, but it was her gift as a songwriter that made her decidedly country. "About four years after I moved to L.A., I started making trips to Nashville, checking out the scene and trying to get a deal. Once I became focused on what I really wanted to do, it all started to come together. Doors began to open for me."

Coffey's first single "When You Lie Next to Me," and her debut album of the same name, were released in 2002 and she would win Best New Female Vocalist from the country music industry. She even hit the road as an opening act for Kenny Chesney in early 2003, and George Strait in 2004.

Kellie took a break to start a family but is still actively writing and recording and plans to have another new album later this year. She was kind enough to chat with me for an interview for The 9513 about what has going on in her life. You can read a snippet of the interview below and catch the entire thing HERE.

"There was another time we were in Kansas, somewhere, and I was by myself on the road without a big artist. Everyone in town rolled out for my show–it was an electric night–and after the show they were kind of shaking my bus it went so well. Then there was another night when I was touring with Kenny Chesney, who was my label mate at the time. I love him. I did a couple shows with him. There was one time where these girls jumped into my bus and said “Where’s Kenny Chesney?” And I came out and they said, “Oh, it’s only Kellie Coffey. Oh bummer.” As big as you are, they can just bring you down and cut you down to size in about two seconds. (Laughing)"

No comments:

Post a Comment