Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Interview With Sarah Buxton Over At The 9513

Sarah Buxton is signed to Lyric Street Records and has charted four singles on the Billboard country charts: "Innocence" at #31, "That Kind of Day" at #26 and "Space" at #38, as well as "Outside My Window." In addition, she co-wrote Keith Urban's 2007 single "Stupid Boy," and released an EP in 2007 entitled Almost My Record. Her self-titled debut album was released in February 2010.

I had a chance to sit down with the spunky Buxton and talk about the new record and her long journey to its release over at The 9513. You can read a snippet of the interview below and catch the entire thing HERE.

“You can expect to hear my long struggle through my 20s in my songs. It was written over the course of six years. You can hear all of my previous singles on it–“Innocence,” “That Kind Of Day,” “Space,” and “Outside My Window.” They’re all on there, plus six new ones that will give you a direction on where my music is headed. It’s an emotional CD with a lot of highs and lows. The highs are really high and the lows are really low. I tried to take you with me on that journey when you go through it. And hope that when people listen to it, they’ve gone through some of the same things and there’s a song on there for every thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment