Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rosanne Cash Writing Memoir About Father Johnny- Due Out In August

Johnny Cash's daughter Rosanne is reportedly writing a memoir about her childhood and relationship with her famous father.

The iconic singer split from Rosanne's mother, his first wife Vivian Liberto, during the early 1960s, before divorcing in 1966 when she was 11 years old.

However, Rosanne later left school and toured with her father's road show, working as a wardrobe assistant and graduating to a background vocalist, prior to embarking on her own music career in the 1970s.

The book, titled Composed, is to focus on her early life as well as her own rise to fame, Contactmusic reports.

A statement from the publishers said that Rosanne "writes candidly about her upbringing, her development as an artist and her current life".

Composed
is scheduled to arrive in stores on August 10.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How exciting. I must have been hiding under a rock, because although I knew "The List" was out, I didn't know there was going to be a written memoir as well. Looking forward to it. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog (via the 9513); I'm enjoying it! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete