Monday, March 29, 2010

Tim McGraw Talks About A Duets Album With Faith Hill

Tim McGraw talked about a potential duets project with his wife, Faith Hill, with the Vancouver Sun earlier this week.

"It's just a matter of time," says country music mega-star Tim McGraw in a phone interview to advance his North American tour that kicked off in Vancouver on Thursday night.

McGraw and Hill have been married since 1996, having met on The Spontaneous Combustion Tour, which he headlined. They have enjoyed hits with "Let's Make Love", "I Need You" and "It's Your Love". They also toured on the Soul2Soul tour twice.

When asked about timing, McGraw said, "You know, (it's) labels and all these things," he says. "Once we clear the woods a little bit, we'll (record an album), for sure."

Curb fell out of favor with McGraw by releasing a third greatest-hits package in 2008, against the singer's wishes. That dispute then held up the release of McGraw's latest album, Southern Voice, which finally hit stores in October of last year.

"I don't want to get into all that stuff, but in the history of the music business, artists and labels have not gotten along incredibly well, because there's a financial way to do things and there's an artistic way," McGraw says. "There's just other things I would like to do, and I think the best part of my career is ahead of me."

"I don't know; I'm just gonna see what's best for me," he says. "The music business, there's no formula to it. You sort of have to find your own way. It's a changing industry, and it's not gonna be the way it was before. Labels do need to figure out how they're going to operate in the future, if they're going to operate."

No comments:

Post a Comment