Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kenny Chesney Releases Details On New Album- Hemingway's Whiskey

Kenny Chesney will release his first studio album in 3 years this fall when Hemingway’s Whiskey will hit store shelves.

“I knew I wanted the record to be something more, something that took what I do in my special projects and weaved it into what I do for the mainstream,” Chesney says. “It takes a lot of energy and mental space to be on the road… and I kind of felt like – especially coming off of this second Greatest Hits - this next record should be something that set the stage for the next phase of my music, the same way No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems opened up the music I’ve made for the past 8 years… I came to town to write songs, to make records, to create something that spoke about how I lived, and the people who I knew who were just like me and my friends lived. I’d like to think we’ve captured that, just like I’d like to think that we’ve all come to realize that life is a little more complicated than maybe we thought. It’s still fun. It’s still intense. It’s still about friends and dreams and all kinds of things, but there’s something more, too.”

When it came to choosing the title cut, the choice was easy for Chesney. “When I heard the song, I knew it was the perfect title for the record,” Chesney says. “I was sitting in my truck and a friend had given me Guy’s [Clark] album, which had just come out – and it’s a song that talks about living life to its fullest, being a man about your responsibilities and not compromising. As soon as I heard it, I knew I had to cut it… and call the album that… because it says everything about the way you live your life, and what life can be if you refuse to buy into limits, which – as someone who’s read all his books – is everything Hemingway’s novels revolved around.”

Hemingway’s Whiskey will be released on September 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment